THE MORVERN GROUP TEAM
The Morvern team combines executives from the UK and Germany who have a pedigree in the aerospace sector. Each of the executives below sit on the board of Morvern and the subsidiary companies.
Philipp Schack: Group Chairman
- Philipp has collected over 18 years of management experience as Managing Director and shareholder of two medium size companies in Germany, including the successful MBO and development of TITAL, the European market leader for the manufacture and supply of titanium and aluminium castings to the aerospace and defense industry.
- Philipp started his professional career in London and has collected extensive execution experience through working at Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan.
- Today, Philipp serves on various boards of medium size companies in Germany, Switzerland and the UK.
Neil France, CEO
- Neil is CEO of Morvern, Tarpey Harris, and Altaras International, and has worked in that capacity since starting Altaras in 2012
- He was Managing Director of Blade Tooling a subsidiary of Gardner and prior to that held executive roles in leading aerospace companies worldwide
- Professor Steffens headed up the executive management of MTU as CEO, the leading European jet engine manufacturer, steering the company through the globalisation of the business. Klaus remains a member of MTU’s Supervisory Board
- He is currently serving on the supervisory board of other private companies. He teaches the “Technology of Aircraft Propulsion” as a guest professor at the technical University of Aachen
- From 2005 Jason has been CEO of Steen Associates, a Mergers and Acquisitions business based in the UK, Germany, France and the US focused on the aerospace sectors.
- Prior to establishing Steen Jason was an investment professional across a number of international finance businesses, including Barings, Hambros, Baird, and SG both in the US and UK
- During a 25-year career in investment banking, Joerg has completed a large number of assignments across Europe for a diverse range of multinational and mid-market corporations and private equity clients
- Joined Steen Associates in 2011 to strengthen the firm’s presence in France and Germany
- Prior to joining Steen, Jörg was Head of Investment Banking at Sal. Oppenheim as well as an M&A specialist at Société Générale.
Ian Simpson Managing Director Altaras International
- Ian co-founded Altaras International with Neil France in 2012 and was instrumental in its formation and impressive track record for growth.
- He has 20 years in the industry and held the position of Operations Director at Blade Tooling Limited prior to the formation of Altaras
Steve Roe Managing Director Tarpey Harris
- Prior to joining TH in 2006, Steve spent 11 years working at Certech International, a large international supplier of ceramic cores.
- He was the Sales and Engineering Director, with responsibility for worldwide customers
Mark Holland Sales and Business Development Director
- Mark has held business development and sales director position since joining the Group in early 2019
- Prior to his tenure he led sales and business development positions at Gardner Aerospace and Mettis Aerospace